Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Rant

Normally on Easter I post some thinking about how amazing the gift of the Resurrection is or some great Easter hymn, instead this year I'm having an Easter Rant. I cannot stand churches that have an entire service that's pomp and circumstance with no real substance. Yes it's cute to have little kids come and sing a song or two. It is not, however, worship to have an entire service with one performance after another. It is not worship to sit and listen to a choir sing song after song with no one else in the congregation singing. I don't even want to get started on how awful the sermon I heard today was. It was just... *shudders* bad. It was probably the worst service I have ever been too - including the one with the Apostles Creed that had "I believe in God the Mother Earth and in Jesus Christ her son....". The whole thing was just ridiculous. I felt like I was watching a bad televangelist. This service was so bad I had to get up in the middle and walk out and go to the prayer room to take a breather. I am fed up with churches that are too big to provide any of the services a church is supposed to. Like spiritual growth or theological education. I could go on, but writing about this is actually making me more upset.

He is Risen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack Trade said...

Mother Earth as God???
Get out of that "church" IMMEDIATELTY!!!!!!!!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home