Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dark space in my soul

So, it's been a while since I posted anything and I thought I would give a quick update of what's been happening. Everything has been moved into the new apartment which is, thankfully, completely smoke free, except the kitchen table which I have yet to find. It is amazing how you see things on the bright side once you've lived in an over priced slum.

I'm still looking for a job, had one interview earlier this week, so we'll see how that goes. Ryan however got a good paying job and we're both really excited about it - it's completely perfect for him. It's really weird to have all this time off - I've been trying to figure out what to do with my time and not spend any money. A good portion of my time is applying for jobs, but after a while you realize that you've applied for everything and you just wait for new jobs to be posted. I found the local library, which I am very happy with. They don't have a large selection of books, but they do have this one day exchange with Boulder and Denver libraries (it only takes one business day to get the book to your local library) which means that the possibilities are endless.

There is, however, one draw back - and it's a big one. I was so shocked when I learned this I thought I might be sick. I can't fully explain to you how horrible this monstrosity is... There isn't a Barnes and Noble within 15 miles of the apartment. 15 MILES! It's complete and utter depravity - almost worth being smite by the hand of God for such blasphemy. I shudder at the cold darkness that is in my soul because of this atrocity.

*sighs* woe is me. at least I still have my Barnes and Noble card to get discounts online. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home