Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall Lineup

Stolen from Patti's blog but it seemed like a good idea.

Okay, so we're finally through the first week of the new fall TV season. Here's what I'm watching when I have the time, and why:

Mondays:
1. House - I haven't watched House in a season and a half because, well, it's been highly annoying and eye roll inducing monotony. However, the season premiere was well written, well acted and interesting. I am cautiously optimistic about this season so we'll have to wait and see.
2. Castle - this was one of my sleeper favorites last season and after the season opener I am very much looking forward to the second season. Nathan Fillion's portrayal of author Richard Castle is enjoyable on so many levels and he only makes a great show better.
3. Lie to Me - hasn't actually started yet, but from the last season and the previews it looks like it's going to be a good one.

Tuesday:
1. NCIS - *sighs* I'm in love with the entire cast and Gibbs could totally take on Godzilla and win.
2. NCIS: LA - the first episode was ok, and I'm more than willing to give it a shot.

Wednesday:
1. Glee - ok, this is my pure fluff tv show that has no redeeming value, but I like it.
2. So You Think You Can Dance - I love this show, I love this show, I love this show. I can't get over how amazing it is and how fabulous the dancers (and the the choreographers) are.
3. CSI:NY - this is the only CSI I will watch anymore mostly because of cast. I like the feel of the show which is vastly different from the others - more like L&O than CSI:LV.
4. Mercy - I liked the first episode, but we'll see how the rest of the season pans out.

Thursday:
1. Bones - This is my favorite show and has been for the past 3 years (somehow I missed the first season entirely). The first episode of the season really disappointed me, but the second one was more of what I would consider up to par.
2. The Mentalist - I seem to have a thing for British actors who act like Americans as I like this show. It's not my favorite show in the world and if I cut back my tv watching this would be the first to go.
3. Vampire Diaries - ok this is my secret guilty horrible pleasure. I've never watched a show like this in my entire life and it's horrible, but it's sooo addicting.

Friday -
1. Dollhouse - Joss Whedon. Enough said.
2. Numb3rs - last season was kind of blah so hopefully this season will be better.
3. Stargate Universe - Not that thrilled about this, I am grudgingly going to watch the first few episodes and see how it is based solely on the fact that for 10 years I loved Stargate SG-1 through the good times and the bad.
4. Sanctuary - this is a maybe seeing as it doesn't premiere until October 9th.

Oh man, there are a lot of TV shows that I watch... I'm doomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home