Thursday, September 17, 2009

Now that the Day is Done

Now that the day is done
I try to rest my tired head
and wonder about all the things
that I should have said
and all the things I should have done

Does it matter, the work that we do
with our hands and with our minds?
In the end will they be called forth
and paraded before our eyes
to witness the shame of our demise

Or will the man upon the throne
the one dressed in robes of red
a crown of thorns upon his head
look down and say "job well done,
good and faithful one"

The tyger and the lamb
all created by the same hand
the same hand who set us apart
before the foundations of the world
trembled at His every thought

How will He view my heart
and how will He weigh my soul
knowing what I know
knowing what I should have known
knowing that my silence changed the world

He is in my head and in my heart
and still I know best
I know what is for me
I know that my posturing and
bluffing do nothing to hid the fear

That coils around my heart
weaves it's way into my brain
and tells me that I am worthless
that I am not good enough
that I am not perfect enough to be loved

And how is it, at the end of the day
as I rest my tired head on my worn pillow
and close my eyes to the coming darkness
I hear His voice whispering to me
"hush, be still and know that I am God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home