Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Super Heros

So I walked into a conversation this afternoon where my student worker Joey was debating with our new officer Judah what super heros different people in the office were. Thinking this was a great idea I joined in on the fun. Once we had gone through all of the officers Judah paused and looked at me, "Who would Rebecca be?" There was sort of a collective silence; I wondered what Judah and Joey thought of me and how this would turn out. They looked sort of puzzled and not quite sure what to do or say. Then Joey slowly said, "I can't think of any female superheros that are like Mr. Increadible or Captain Planet." Judah and Joey then started naming off all of the female superheros they could think of: Storm? No. Catwoman? No. Wonder Woman? No, that's Cheryl. Invisible Girl? No, that's not quite right either.

Then, suddenly it came to them; their eyes lit up and they smiled. M, they said, she's M.

So apparently I am a Bond Superhero - I am smart, self-assured but most of all, I can control Bond.

List of characters:

Shaun: Batman
Greg: Wolverine
Mike: the Hulk
Clint: The Phantom
Gus: Zorrow
Judah: Green Lantern
Nathan: The Shadow
Joey: Captain America
Vic: Mr. Increadible
Cheryl: Wonder Woman
Valerie: Electra
Rebecca: M

Moments after I published the above post I got a call from my boss to meet her out at her car to help her carry things in. She had stopped at the store and had gotten 4 cartons of ice cream for everyone. I hauled them in while she continued on to her meeting across campus. I called everyone into the kitchen and started dishing out bowls to everyone.

Judah turns to me after taking his first bite "My taste buds bless you".
Joey whips around and says, "I don't want your taste buds anywhere NEAR her, let alone blessing her."

The entire office bursts into roars of laughter, with Nathan clinging to the counter to keep from falling over. I wasn't sure whether to find this absolutely hilarious (which I admit I really did) or to be completely touched by the loyalty of my students defending my honor. Either way, it was great entertainment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrera said...

I don't know that M is a super hero, persay, but if she can keep a man like Bond more or less under control, I'd like to be her too :-)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home