Saturday, December 13, 2008

Said the Brain to the Heart

In the midst of my migraine induced pain, part of a poem came to me. I am not a very good poet - in fact I would say I am a horrible poet, but for some reason this needed to be written down - it's not very good, and it's not complete, but I didn't want to forget what was given to me. It feels like it starts in the middle of the poem, but I didn't know how to get there, only how to go a few lines forward.

"shhh" said the brain to the heart, "the Lamb can heal all wounds"
"who is this Lamb" cried the heart, "that he can sooth my wounded soul?"
"Is he a physician who can stitch together my broken pieces?"
"He is the Great Physician who will make you whole"
the brain said gently to the heart
"But I don't understand," the heart said, confused
"is he a Lamb or a physician?"
The brain laughed softly, "he is both"
"How can he be both?" the heart asked, astonished
imagining a lamb with a knife and needle
"He is the Great I Am who made thee,
and it is He who has the power to make you new"
The heart pondered this for a few moments before asking
"You have given me the Lamb, the Physician and the I Am;
how can there be three but yet one?"


Let me know what you think...

1 Comments:

Blogger Uriel said...

It seems like in the middle of a migraine the heart should be comforting the brain!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home