Sunday, April 23, 2006

God is Good!

Today is a glorious day! The sun is shinning, the sky is blue, I am playing good music, and finally God is good! This morning I had coffee with my uncle Del who lives just outside of Seattle (he had coffee, I had hot chocolate) and we talked for about an hour about random stuff - it was good to sit down with him and just talk. I haven't seen a lot of him - he's my mother's older brother - especially since he left my aunt Trish and the rest of the family sort of refused to talk to him. I'm glad my mom didn't refuse to take his calls. Don't get me wrong, she gave him an earful, but she always told him that no matter what he did she would always love him because he was her brother. But that's sort of getting off the topic of how beautiful it is outside and how good God is.

I love Spring, I love the flowers, the smell of fresh cut grass and growing things. I love walking around in flip-flops and t-shirts; strappy sandals, tank-tops and shorts. Playing ultimate frisbee, even though I'm not very good at it. I love how the sun doesn't set until at least 8:00 or 9:00 in the evening - and then rises at 5:00 in the morning. I love the feeling of sun on my skin as I just lay there and read until I feel like my eyes are going to fall out or my skin gets burnt to a crisp (whichever comes first.) I love seeing the apple and cherry trees bloom and then produce fruit. I love eating all the spring and summer foods; apples, peaches, corn on the cob, fresh picked vegetables, bbq and the smell of charcoal. It is always so beautiful, even when it rains in the spring; instead of being dreary it brings hope - hope of new life, new growth, and all those over-stated hallmark type things. mmm... sunshine... Hurray for Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home