Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008

So it's the end of another year and instead of doing a traditional New Year's Eve post reminiscing about the past year, I wanted to do something a little different. This year I've decided to to put songs to people who have been prominent in my life this year and songs that have characterized my time with them. Without further ado:

Ryan: Love Story - Taylor Swift; Whatever it Takes - Lifehouse (Ok, Ryan actually gets two songs because he's special)
Seth: Candyman - Christina Aguilera (Seth, you will always be my Candyman ;D)
Patti: Twenty Something - Jamie Cullum (a jazz song that references Shakespeare, how can that be passed up?)
Carrera: Keeps Getting Better - Christina Aguilera (You'll always be my SuperBitch/SuperGirl)
Mom: Down to the River to Pray - Allison Krauss (Classic Mom song that I can hear her singing as she's doing house work or thinking through some complicated medical problem)
Dad: Main Title - Braveheart Soundtrack (Bagpipes, that's all I really have to say)
Cheryl: Driving with the Top Down - Ramin Djawadi (From the Iron Man sound track, if Cheryl had a theme song during emergencies this would be it)
Vic: Devil Went Down to Georgia - Johnny Cash (This reminds me of all hours I spent in Vic's office listening to his fabulous stories instead of working)
Shaun: You Know My Name - Chris Cornell (Ellingson, Shaun Ellingson; shaken, not stirred)
Hannah: Dandelion - Testimony (lyrics are classic Hannah and remind me of the look she gets on her face when she talks about her nephew)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home