Monday, May 01, 2006

Update

I just wanted to post an update on everything that's been going on in the past few days. Jamie is not doing well. That said, let me expound a bit on that statement. Her physical wounds are healing well, but apparently in addition to her depression and resurfacing of her eating disorder she is also suffering from hallucinations. The hospital thinks she is either bi-polar, having a nervous break down, or schizophrenaform (has all the symptoms of schizophrenia, but only lasts 30 days.)They're keeping her in the hospital for the time being until they can figure out what's going on and then start her on treatment. As for me I'm doing as well as can be expected. It's hard being in the apartment, let alone sleeping in the bedroom where I found her. I didn't go to class on Thursday or Friday, but come Monday I'll need to tackle the mounds of homework that have pilled up on my doorstep. Thankfully, my professors have been very understanding and have been willing to give me a little grace in my work. Sarah and Heather are holding up fairly well, but I doubt our apartment will ever be much like it was. If you all could continue to pray for Jamie, her family, my roommates and myself that would be wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home