Thursday, May 04, 2006

And may flights of angels fly thee to thy rest

Have you ever tried to think, but instead of a mostly cohesive thought process you get either nothing or a jumbled mess? That's me today. Mt brain just isn't working well, I feel extremely stressed, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I have to find an extra 3 upper division English credits somewhere. I'll probably have to do them this summer, but I'm not sure where or how I'm going to get them. See if someone wants to do an independent study this summer on... well... anything I guess. I'm already taking a 5 credit class on Critical Theory, what's another on just about anything? Besides, it's only 3 credits, that like 3 books and a paper, or two books and two papers. The problem is finding a willing professor and a good topic. blah... my head hurts...

I just want to sleep, I don't want to go to class tomorrow morning, I don't want to go to work because I need to work on my math because the test has to be taken tomorrow so just in case I fail I'll have an extra day to re-take the test. Oh yeah, and I have two books to read this weekend, write a take home essay/test, two small papers and still have time to clean my room, the apartment and box up Jamie's stuff for her mom. I feel like sobbing, but if there is no one to share in your grief then the only thing crying accomplishes is making you feel worse. I so wish Michael was here. He lets me be me, he lets me cry on his shirt and get snot on his sleeves. He loves me with an abandon that I have never experienced before, and I love him so much that sometimes it frightens me that I am capable of a love that is so strong, that is so meek, that is so beautiful. Even when the world feels like it is crumbling to pieces and when it feels like God is letting me flounder, Michael sits on the ground with me and comfort me. That is he sits there then tells me to get up off my butt and push on, to seek God with all my heart and love the people around me. I wish Michael was here.

"Come night, come love; come, thou day in night,
for thou wilt lie upon the wings of night
whiter than new snow on a raven's back
come, gentle night; come, loving , black-browed night,
give me my love, and when I shall die
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all the world will be in love with the night
and pay no worship to the garish sun" - Juliet, from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home