Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Acetaminophen

It really hit me today how strange of a family I have. You see, I was just coming in from a long, tedious day at work (normally it's pretty good, but today involved only one thing... entering in credentials into the database) and I walk in the front door, say hello to my mother and she burst out with "Pick a drug! Any drug!" I paused for a split second wondering if my mother had finally gone mad, then said, "acetaminophen." She got all excited over the fact that I had given the drug's generic name instead of the name brand, Tylenol. Creepy, eh?

Now, there is a very good reason that my mother was asking me this question, but it rather ruins the shock effect: my mom just got new software for her PDA that has the "nurses drug handbook" or something like that on it. Now she can look up any drug at any time and see all the side effects, the dosage to prescribe, and what exactly the drug does. Very cool, if you're a nurse; a little freaky if you're an innocent bystander.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor innocent bystandard! That would be very odd... I do wonder how your mom would have reacted if you said something like "psilocybin" =P

Oh, and hi! /hug

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home