Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Huzzah!

I am in an amazing mood! I feel like dancing (okay, okay. I'll be honest here, I've been dancing around my room for the last half hour.) Gwen has gotten so annoyed at me that she left her spot in the sunshine and left to go lounge about in the hallway. You can know that whatever this is has really gotten to me. Today I giggled. I mean I freaken giggled!!! There is something wrong with me when I giggle. The only time I ever really get like that is when it's like 3am and I've had 2 liters of Mt. Dew and eaten a large portion of a lasangna. I've had the largest smile on my face all day long - I've had more compliments on how pretty I looked today, and what a nice smile I had then... well, just about any time I can remember.

Oh! and I'm going to California!!!! I'm so excited about my trip; I'm going to be going to the Getty Museum, Disneyland, the Queen Mary in Long Beach, going to a concert in LA (maybe, the details haven't been worked out yet.) AND as it turns out Conner, the middle school youth director is going to be having brain surgery at UCLA to remove a tumor the kicker is the surgeon is going to do it for FREE! I'm going to be able to visit him in the hospital and be a face from home for him and his wife to see. It's absolutely amazing the way all of this is coming together that is allowing me to be there for them. It's just a "wow" feeling.



Song of the day:

My soul cries out with a joyful shout
That the God of my heart is great.
And my spirit sings of the wondrous things
That You bring to the ones who wait.
You fixed Your sight on the servant's plight;
And my weakness you did not spurn.
So from east to west shall My Name be blest;
Could the world be about to turn?

My heart shall sing of the day you bring;
Let the fires of Your justice burn.
Wipe away all tears, for the dawn draws near;
And the world is about to turn.

Though I am small, my God, my All;
You work great things in me.
And Your mercy will last from the depths of the past
to the end of the age to be.
Your very Name puts the proud to shame
and to those who would to yearn.
You will show your might; put the strong to flight;
For the world is about to turn.

From the halls of power to the fortress tower
Not a stone will be left on stone.
Let the king beware for Your justice tears
every tyrant from his throne.
The hungry poor shall weep no more
For the food they can never earn.
There are tables spread; every mouth will be fed;
For the world is about to turn.

Though the nations rage from age to age,
we remember who holds us fast.
God's mercy must delivr us
From the conqueror's crushing grasp.
This saving word that our forbears heard
Is the promise which holds us bound.
'Til the spear and rod can be crushed by God
Who is turning the world around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you atleast figured how to spell "Getty" and fixed the Queen Mary's name.

Either way, it's going to be amazing!!!!

9 days... ;-)

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that song!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home