Thursday, June 11, 2009

If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?

I just had a great conversation with one of my co-workers in the file room. She turned to me as we were filing and asked, “if you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?” I took a few minutes to ponder this before deciding that I was sweet corn because of my blonde hair (usually) and it takes some hard work to get to the real me (shucking). My lovely co-worker thought this was a brilliant answer and said, “if I was a vegetable I think I would be a potato – all round and blah.”

I took great dislike to this statement and responded with, “but think of all the wonderful ways to dress up a potato! There’s the baked potato with all the dressings, mashed potatoes, parsleyed potatoes, potatoes au gratin, garlic potatoes. During the summer you could be roasted potatoes because they get all brown and crispy. And if you ever decide that you want kids you’ll have eyes on the back of your head.”

By this time she was laughing pretty hard and when she stopped she told that I was “quite the ray of sunshine.” Hence the sweet corn.

But really, it would be great to be a potato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home