Sunday, June 26, 2005

Three to get deadly

Well work is quite the experience. Premier Graphics is apparently the place to work this summer. When I walked through the front door I already knew at least a dozen people; most from Ferndale and a few from Bellingham. I have a 5 second job that I do for 8 hours a day five days a week, sometimes more sometimes less depending on what's breaking down. I get to scoop piles of unbound, uncut agendas off a conveyer belt and place them in slots for Phil to cut. That is pretty much what I do all day. Sometimes I get to sweep... wheee! But at least they're paying me to do it. I really like the people I work with so that makes it all worthwhile. Even though all of us really think our jobs suck we have fun making fun of the orders and watching the machines break down. What's highly amusing however is Locan and a few other of the guys put together a little song and dance routine about Premier. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen at a work place. That and the weekly $2 BBQ make working a Premier completely worth it - well that and the pay check.

Tomorrow (June 27th) is Michael and mine's year anniversary. It feels strangely odd and normal to have been going out for a year. Odd because it has gone so quickly an I am so happy with him and normal because it feels comfortable and right. This is a good thing. There are a few difficulties that we are working out, but they don't have to do with us personally, but with people outside our relationship. Even though we're dealing with that, we learn more and more about each other and the more I see, the more I love, respect, and admire him.


"In vain have I struggled it will not do, my feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." - Mr. Darcy; Pride and Prejudice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home