Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Train Gone Sorry

I just had a completely awesome day! Not only did classes go well, which hardly happens on a tuesday, but I had a really good time tonight studying at Starbucks and having some awesome conversations in ASL! (Oh and I got to have dinner with my mom which is always a treat) So sarah asked me if I wanted to go to a coffee shop and study with her - we went to this place called "el diablo," but it was packed and a band was setting up to play. There was so much going that that it was really hard to get anything done, so we switched to Starbucks down the street. About a half hour after we had been there I noticed all these deaf people chatting and signing - which was a lot of fun to watch - and after I finished a decent amount of homework I joined what started off as a small group of students and two deaf people chatting at the table next to us. Pretty soon there were eight or nine of us chatting. It was so much fun! I couldn't believe how much I remembered after not signing for at least 6 months, and how much I had learned in only one year. It was amazing! I was signing and watching and understanding. I learned, and re-learned, a few new signs, like the one for Starbucks. There's a group of them that meet every tuesday night at 8:00pm, and I think that I'm going to start going - I had so much fun, and it was good to sign again. I miss signing, I didn't realize it until tonight, but I really do miss talking to people with my hands and watching people sign. So yeah... today was a good day; a really good day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home