Wednesday, January 18, 2006

voice of an angel

I just had one of the best experiences – ever. Today has sort of been a blah day. I woke up this morning, late, had to go to a class I absolutely despise and sit there for 2 and a half hours then had a hour for lunch and for some odd reason my sandwich didn’t taste especially good. After that I had to sit through another 2 and half hour class (this one is actually a good class, just long) The day just has been very… blah. Then *insert dramatic music here* I walked to the corner 7-11 and walked in and was enveloped in the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. Blasting from the small speakers at the front of the store was a gorgeous Italian opera. I stood there, just inside the door and closed my eyes; for that small moment I wasn’t an overworked college student, a stressed out girlfriend or an insignificant person in the scheme of life – I had wings and I was beautiful. For that moment I was draped in fine, expensive silks. The notes brightened, grew warm and rich – then it was broken; “Excuse me, can I help you?” I blinked. For that few seconds I had honestly forgotten where I was, who I was. I went and grabbed a gallon of milk from the refrigerator section. It just completely made my day that in this grungy, sad, ghetto little 7-11 I heard this completely beautiful voice that just stopped me in my tracks. Words cannot accurately describe what that voice did to me. For that single moment there was nothing but that voice. It wrapped itself around my head; it soaked into the small crevices of my brain, during that time I belonged to the voice, that’s all I heard, it’s all I was. That voice was all that mattered, it owned me; nothing else mattered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home